- Computer Science - MS
- Computer Science (PSM) Application Information
- Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Advocacy and Political Leadership
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Master of Science in Co-occurring Disorders Recovery Counseling
- Master of Management Information Systems - MMIS
- Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration - MPNA
- Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy
- Master of Science in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Liberal Studies - MLS
- Master of Science in Urban Education
- Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program - MNLM
- Public Administration - MPA Application Information
- Technical Communication (MS) Application Information
- Doctoral Programs
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Admissions Resources
Jul 1Fall Semester
Nov 15Spring Semester
Mar 15Summer Term
Application deadlines will not be waived. Applications for admission are not considered until all requirements are met and fees received.
Applicants should allow 7-10 business days for review once all required application materials are received and sent to the College of Management Graduate Admissions Committee. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. To be considered for admission you must submit all parts of the application packet:
- Online Application-You will use your Minnesota State StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a Minnesota State StarID you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- If you do not have or choose not to provide your Social Security number (SSN) please follow the No SSN instructions to activate your StarID.
- If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-refundable application fee; pay online
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Must show a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from a regionally accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed.
- Transcripts from ALL schools attended after high school and from any graduate or professional programs are required.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated (course-by-course) by either ECE (preferred) or WES.
- Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
- Paper transcripts should be sent directly from the sending institution (preferred) to:
Metropolitan State University
Attn: Graduate Admissions
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Once you've applied online you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password and upload remaining documents and check on the status of your application. To be considered for admission you must provide:
- Official GMAT Scores OR MBA Math Scores
- If you choose to take the GMAT, you must achieve a quantitative score equal to or greater than the 40th percentile.
- If you choose to take MBA Math, you must achieve a minimum proficiency score on each of the lessons. MBA Math Frequently Asked Questions.
- MBA Math is self-paced, you can retake any lesson until you reach minimum proficiency, at no additional cost.
- The STATS prerequisite will be waived if you take MBA Math and reach minimum proficiency in each of the STATS lessons.
- Apply to the MBA first (see Part One)
- Email your name and StarID to firstname.lastname@example.org and request the promo code.
- Register for MBA Math here: www.mbamath.com/adminportal/register.aspx
- After you register, while logged in to MBA Math:
- Click "Change Account Info" at the bottom left of the Start tab
- Confirm "Metropolitan State" from the dropdown program list
- Check the "Approve School Access to Account Quiz Results" box
- Click "Submit"
- Current Resume; upload
- A minimum of two years professional work experience is required.
- Two Professional Reference Letters; upload
- Two reference letters from employers or others who can attest to the importance of the master's degree in enhancing your professional development and commenting on your ability to pursue and successfully complete a graduate program.
- Admissions Essay; upload your admissions essay will serve as both a goals statement and a writing assessment. Pledge of Authorship: Please begin your admissions essay with the following statement: (Your essay will not be accepted if this is not included.)
I, [complete name]____________________________________, verify that this admissions essay is my own work, and I am fully aware that discovery otherwise will invalidate my entire application.The admissions essay is extremely important to the application review process. Therefore, make sure that you carefully address each of the following:
- Explain why you are pursuing a Master's degree in Business Administration at this time in your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term career objectives? In particular, what objectives do you hope to achieve in areas of business management and leadership?
- Describe why you have chosen Metropolitan State University's MBA program to achieve the career objectives you identified above.
- Describe an ethical dilemma in an organization that you have experienced or are aware of and how you would resolve the dilemma in a fair and equitable way.
Your essay should be approximately 500-700 words (about three pages) in 12-point font, double-spaced, clearly written, well-organized, with correct grammar, accurate spelling and punctuation, good sentence structure, and clear sub-headings. The admissions committee may reject goals essays that do not sufficiently address the points above. Also, the admissions committee may reject an essay that is poorly written.
Part Three - International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international applicants in the U.S. or abroad, on any type of visa, are required to provide this information for admission to the university.
Required by the application deadline:
Official scores must be submitted, student copies are not acceptable. Metropolitan State University's school code for TOEFL is 6445.
- Proof of English proficiency (Official TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT, 213 CBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5
- IBT=internet based; CBT=computer based; PBT=paper based
Required only if admitted to the program:
If you are offered and accept admission to the program, you are required to provide this information to the International Student Services Office to complete your admission to the university.
- Financial statement (F1 visa only)
- Immunization records
- Copies of passport, visa, I-94, and international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.
International Student Services
Metropolitan State University
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, Minnesota, 55106-5000
Questions about applying to the MBA?
Questions about the online application, fee, transcripts/transcript evaluations, and the document upload feature can be sent to email@example.com (preferred) or you can call 612-659-7150.