Welcome to the Equal Opportunity and Diversity web site! Metropolitan State University is committed to fostering a positive learning, working and living environment. Our role is to assist in the creation of an environment in which every member of the university community is valued and everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
The Equal Opportunity and Diversity office:
- Sponsors monthly 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Policy and Procedure Training for all staff, faculty and student employees. Registration must be done via the MnSCU System-wide Training and Registration Site (STARS).
- Assists faculty, staff and students who believe they have been harassed or treated unfairly because they are a member of a protected class.
- Assists the university community with understanding, and application of federal and state laws and regulations that impose special obligations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action. The director serves as the university's affirmative action officer and ombudsperson.
- Monitors recruitment efforts and the progress of campus units toward achieving affirmative action goals, in collaboration with the Human Resource office and other university divisions.
Policies and Procedures:
- Affirmative Action Plan (PDF 4.65M)
- University Diversity Plan 2012-2013 (PDF 400k)
- 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Policy (PDF 100k)
Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
651-772-7687 (University's TTY)
Check for current job opportunities