Welcome to the Office of Institutional Research (OIR).
The OIR reports directly to the Vice President of University Planning and Advancement. Our main functions include:
- Preparing and maintaining official data for the university;
- External reporting to federal and state government agencies, college guides and higher education organizations;
- Internal reporting to various on-campus departments, including research requests from the Office of the President, the Provost's Office, the Deans, department chairs, faculty, staff, university committees and student organizations. The office also prepares statistical information about the university and special reports on various topics;
- Responding to questions from students, faculty, administrative and academic offices and community members;
- Providing consulting and/or coordinating services on surveys and data analysis to administrators, faculty and staff.
Our public reports are easily accessible from this link Reports and Surveys -- (or from the navigation pane on the right) .
In the Office of Institutional Research (OIR), we know how important it is for you to get the information you need when you need it. To that end, the OIR is launching DataSlice – a means to search for data using a "smart" search engine.
DataSlice is the single access point for static reports and has instructions for running dynamic reports that come from disparate sources like the Report Launcher, the CAP Switchboard, Hyperion/Brio, the MnSCU Accountability Dashboard among other sources. DataSlice also allows the seeker of data to request a report and make suggestions. DataSlice is powered by RightNow Technologies Inc.