Site Supervisor/Evaluator's Role
Generally, the onsite supervisor is the sole supervisor and evaluator of a Metropolitan State intern. Supervisor responsibilities include:
- negotiating the learning strategies and evaluation plan with the student for the Internship Agreement;
- providing on-going supervision and guidance;
integrating the student into the site by including her/him in appropriate meetings and providing information, resources and opportunities for professional development;
- providing vocational guidance and mentoring to the student;
- evaluating the student's performance and writing the final narrative evaluation on Metropolitan State's Learning Evaluation (LE) form using the appropriate college/department guidelines;
- submitting, within one week of completion of the internship, the Learning Evaluation to Metropolitan State's Grades Department and
- notifying the Internship Office (651-793-1285 or firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately if there is a problem or concern with the student intern and/or internship.
How to List Internship Opportunities with Metropolitan State
If your organization would like to post an academic internship opportunity at Metropolitan State, please go to HandShake to register and post internship positions.