Site Supervisor/Evaluator's Role
Generally, the onsite supervisor is the sole supervisor and evaluator of a Metropolitan State intern. Supervisor responsibilities include:
- negotiating the learning strategies and evaluation plan with the student for the Internship Agreement;
- providing on-going supervision and guidance;
integrating the student into the site by including her/him in appropriate meetings and providing information, resources and opportunities for professional development;
- providing vocational guidance and mentoring to the student;
- evaluating the student's performance and writing the final narrative evaluation on Metropolitan State's Learning Evaluation (LE) form using the appropriate college/department guidelines;
- submitting, within one week of completion of the internship, the Learning Evaluation to Metropolitan State's Grades Department and
- notifying the Internship Office (651-793-1285 or email@example.com) immediately if there is a problem or concern with the student intern and/or internship.
How to List Internship Opportunities with Metropolitan State
If your organization would like to post an academic internship opportunity at Metropolitan State, please go to www.metrostate.edu/career to register and post internship positions.