The core curriculum of the major in Technical Communication and Professional Writing immerses students in the kind of analytical, critical and creative thinking that is at the heart of effective communication. It focuses on the following areas:
- theory and practice of writing and editing in diverse genres and for diverse audiences
- theory and practice of document design for electronic and print media
- research skills that inform the creation of persuasive, professional communication
- knowledge of digital media, tools and resources
- experience in real world writing and communication through a required internship
- development of a professional portfolio
In addition to completing the core curriculum, students select a track in either Technical Communication or Professional Writing to complete the major.
|View Advising Information|
Declare Your Program
Meet Faculty & Staff
Read Haute Dish
Moving the Pieces Around
Alumna Jocelyn Stone talks about getting her degree and becoming a professional writer.