After careful consideration, Metropolitan State University School of Nursing has elected to suspend admission to the MSN program for both the Nurse Educator and Leadership/Management Program for Fall 2015 and Fall 2016 admission.�� This suspension includes the post-master’s certificate options. We remain committed to our students currently enrolled. Please check back for future updates regarding these programs.
Nurse Educator Track (NE)
NE students admitted 2012 or before complete 35-40 credits distributed in the following areas. The specific courses that meet these requirements are listed below. MSN NE students admitted for fall 2013 must follow the part time revised curriculum progression.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Gainful employment programs are those "that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation." Public institutions are required to report this information for all undergraduate and graduate programs that are Title IV eligible and that lead to certificates, diplomas, graduate certificates or specialist awards. Degree programs at all levels are not considered to be gainful employment programs. View Gainful Employment Facts.
Core Course Requirements (26 credits)
- NURS 601 Nursing Science (3 credits)
- NURS 604 Research Methodology (3 credits)*
- NURS 605 Health Policy and Leadership (3 credits)
- NURS 608 Epidemiology (2 credits)
- NURS 608P Population Health Practicum (1 credit)
- NURS 609 Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Practice (3 credits)
- NURS 610 Pathophysiology for Advanced Nursing Practice (3 credits)
- NURS 616 Advanced Health Assessment (2 credits)
- NURS 616L Advanced Health Assessment Lab (1 credit)
- NURS 646 Informatics for Advanced Nursing (2 credits)
- NURS 647 Leadership in Health Care Systems (3 credits)
*NURS 604 prerequisite: STAT 301, STAT 321, PSYC 307, or equivalent upper division inferential or graduate-level statistics course completed within the previous five years.
NURS Education Core Requirements (9 credits)
- NURS 681 Innovative Teaching Strategies (3 credits)
- NURS 682 Curriculum Design and Evaluation (3 credits)
- NURS 683 Foundations in Program Evaluation for Nursing Education (3 credits)
NE Practicum Requirements (2 credits; 200 clock hours)
- NURS 684P Practicum in Classroom Teaching (2 credits)
Culminating Experience (1 credits)
- NURS 685 Praticum in Clinical Teaching (1 credit)