Public Health Nursing Leadership Track (PHNL)
Prerequisite to Admission
Successful completion of the University of Minnesota's Regent's Certificate in Public Health Practice Core Concepts.
To earn the MSN degree, the PHNL student will first successfully complete the University of Minnesota's Regent's Certificate in Public Health Core Concepts. Fifteen credits from the Regent's Certificate will transfer to the MSN at Metropolitan State University. The student will then complete the requirements as listed.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Gainful employment programs are those "that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation." Public institutions are required to report this information for all undergraduate and graduate programs that are Title IV eligible and that lead to certificates, diplomas, graduate certificates or specialist awards. Degree programs at all levels are not considered to be gainful employment programs. View Gainful Employment Facts.
Core Course Requirements (11 credits)
- NURS 601 Nursing Science (3 credits)
- NURS 603 Foundations of Integrative Care (2 credits)
- NURS 604 Research Methodology (3 credits) *Prerequisite: Students are required to have completed an upper division or graduate level inferential statistics within the past five years.
- NURS 605 Health Policy and Leadership (3 credits)
Management Core Requirements (13-14 credits)
- NURS 646 Nursing Informatics (2 credits)
- NURS 647 Leadership in Health Care Systems (3-4 credits)
- MGMT 660 Managing a Diverse Workforce (4 credits)
- NPM 671 Financial Decision Making in Non-Profit Organizations (4 credits)