Public Health Nursing Leadership Track (PHNL)
Prerequisite to Admission
Successful completion of the University of Minnesota's Regent's Certificate in Public Health Practice Core Concepts.
To earn the MSN degree, the PHNL student will first successfully complete the University of Minnesota's Regent's Certificate in Public Health Core Concepts. Fifteen credits from the Regent's Certificate will transfer to the MSN at Metropolitan State University. The student will then complete the requirements as listed.
Core Course Requirements (11 credits)
- NURS 601 Nursing Science (3 credits)
- NURS 603 Foundations of Integrative Care (2 credits)
- NURS 604 Advanced Nursing Research (3 credits) *Prerequisite: Students are required to have completed an upper division or graduate level inferential statistics within the past five years.
- NURS 605 Health Policy and Leadership (3 credits)
Management Core Requirements (13-14 credits)
- NURS 646 Nursing Informatics (2 credits)
- NURS 647 Leadership in Health Care Systems (3-4 credits)
- MGMT 660 Managing a Diverse Workforce (4 credits)
- NPM 671 Financial Decision Making in Non-Profit Organizations (4 credits)
Practicum Requirements (2 credits; 200 clock hours)
- NURS 670P Practicum in Leadership and Management (2 credits)
Culminating Experience (2 credits)
- NURS 693 Scholarly Paper Seminar
- End-of-Program Presentation