Psychology Minor for Law Enforcement Major
To complete a psychology minor, students are required to take a minimum of 20 credits of psychology. Twelve of these 20 credits must be taken at Metropolitan State and 12 credits must be upper division. According to university general education policy, 12 credits of the minor may overlap with general education/liberal studies credits.
Requirements (20 credits)
Required Courses (8 credits)
- PSYC 100 General Psychology
- STAT 201 Statistics I or
- PSYC 307 Data/Statistical Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences
- PSYC 333 Psychology of Victims
Guided Electives (8 credits)
- A developmental psychology course
- PSYC 300 Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 336 Social Psychology or
- PSYC 363 Community Psychology
Other Electives (4 credits or more)
Students are to select at least one additional elective learning opportunity in psychology.