The advertising minor is designed to educate students about the major activities involved in the planning, design, integration and implementation of marketing communications programs. Courses include understanding consumer behavior, advertising and campaign planning, graphics design and copywriting and designing and writing on the Web. Familiarity with these activities helps to prepare students for careers in advertising agencies, marketing positions in private, nonprofit, and government organizations, as well as careers in public relations firms.This minor cannot be combined with the Marketing major.
The advertising minor consists of the following five courses:
- MKTG 300 Marketing Principles*
- MKTG 310 Consumer and Professional Buyer Behavior
- MKTG 343 Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKTG 348 Advertising Design, Production and Copywriting
An approved internship may be substituted for this course.
- WRIT 373 Writing and Designing for the Web I
|* Free waiver examinations are available for "testing out" of these courses. Contact your advisor or the College of Management Advising Center for information.|