Public Relations Minor
The minor in public relations gives students the opportunity to develop competence in oral, written and visual communication as well as the critical thinking skills necessary to make strategic choices while developing communications campaigns. Students are introduced to a core set of skills and theories, best practices in communication, and professional standards relevant to the practice of public relations.
Note: This minor cannot be combined with a major in the Public Relations track of the Professional Communication program.
Requirements (20 total credits)
Required Courses (16 credits)
- COMM 380 Public Relations Writing
- COMM 381 Public Relations Principles
- COMM 385 Media Relations
- COMM 481 Advanced Public Relations
Electives (4 credits)
- COMM 320 Individual Rights and Public Discourse
- COMM 351 Communication in Work Groups
- INFS 315 Searching for Information
- MDST 361 Visual Communication