This program provides associate degree educated dental hygienists the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree, Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH). The growing and complex healthcare environment creates exciting opportunities for dental hygiene practice and the delivery of oral health care.
Our innovative baccalaureate degree completion program prepares individuals for positions of responsibility in dental hygiene, including advanced opportunities in clinical practice, education, management, community health, leadership roles, research, and sales.
Contemporary contributing factors that support the need for baccalaureate prepared dental hygienists include:
- A well informed and health conscious public
- Technological advances in oral health
- New health care laws expanding access to care
- Evidence-based best practices
- Growth of the baby boom population along with more complex health needs
- Increased diversity of our communities
Benefits of earning a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene:
- Working to the fullest capacity within the dental hygiene scope of practice
- Teaching in dental hygiene or health related fields
- Taking on collaborative leadership roles within professional work environments
- Creating pathways to more career opportunities
- Preparing for a graduate degree such as the Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy
Get more information about the dental hygiene program
|Dental Hygiene Application|
Explore Dental Hygiene Department
Apply to the University
For more information please call the College of Health, Community and Professional Studies at Metropolitan State University at 651-793-1375 or the Normandale Community College counseling department at 952-487-8261.