Thank you for your interest in social work as a focus for your major at Metropolitan State University. Our program offers a multicultural perspective and the opportunity to pursue a full-time day program or a part-time evening program. We are accredited from the Council of Social Work Education.
In order to pursue the Bachelor of Social Work degree starting Fall, a student must first be admitted to Metropolitan State University by June 15. After completing the pre-application requirements as directed by your advisor, students must complete and submit a separate application to the social work department. The process for submitting the application includes the following steps:
- The completion of a social work application form, link below.
- The submission of a personal statement that responds to the questions at the end of the social work application form.
- Documentation that you will have met the general education and assessment requirements and the social work prerequisites prior to admission to the program in the Fall Semester.
- The submission of two letters of recommendation as specified in the social work application form, and
- The completion of an interview will take place with a resident faculty member of the Social Work Program.
If you have further questions or would like to set up an appointment with a Social Work faculty member, please contact Maria Lopez at 651-793-1338 or Jacqueline Frank 651-793-1339 in the Social Work Department.