Metropolitan State University is committed to your success. To help you decide whether online courses fit your learning style, ask yourself:
- Am I an independent learner who does not need the classroom structure to succeed?
- Am I able to complete homework and other assignments on time, without reminders?
- Do I have good reading, writing, and typing skills?
- Do I have intermediate computer and Internet skills?
- Do I have a history of successfully completing my courses?
If you decide to take an online course, use these tips to help you succeed:
- Establish high goals.
- Balance school with work, family, and fun.
- Participate in online classes regularly.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Seek support services when needed.
- Understand college policies that affect you.
- Communicate respectfully with others.