"Metropolitan State University's Finance major includes the perfect combination of theory and practical application to succeed in MBA courses and jump-start a career. Networking through the finance program provided [me] the opportunity to interview at some of Minnesota's largest companies, ultimately resulting in my choice of career options."
--Brian Abernathy, Financial Analyst, Ameriprise Financial
Finance is the branch of economics that deals with money and markets, addressing the management of money and other assets by individuals, businesses, and organizations, while taking into account the risks involved and applying economic principles to all key investment decisions.
The challenge of finance lies in attempting to quantify issues such as risk and return relationships, projection of cash flow, valuation of investment instruments, and determination of capital and cash budgets.
Prepare for graduate school or a career in finance by refining your quantitative skills. Enhance your career prospects in finance. You can accomplish these goals with a degree in Finance. Be positioned for career opportunities in corporate finance, financial institutions, and personal investment services.
You will also:
- Take core courses in marketing, management, finance, and management information systems principles. You will also explore operations management, strategic management, and financial reporting.
- Explore advanced topics, including financial statement analysis, investment and portfolio analysis, corporate finance, and international finance.
- Take on the challenge of quantifying issues such as risk and return relationships, projection of cash flow, valuation of investment instruments, and determination of capital and cash budgets.
- Gain the skills to compete successfully for positions, such as investment analyst, investment broker, fund manager, research analyst, personal financial advisor, or chief financial officer.
- Build a network with finance professionals and alumni.
Get more information about the Finance program
* Open in Internet Explorer