Graduate assistantship opportunities at Metropolitan State range from research or teaching assistantships to working in the University’s Center for Online Learning or IT department.
To be eligible for an assistantship, you must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Be fully admitted to one of Metropolitan State University's graduate programs prior to the beginning of the graduate student employment.
- Be continuously enrolled in the graduate program, carry at least the minimum course load, and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Full-time assistantships (working a maximum of 20 hours per week during the Fall and Spring Semesters) require enrollment in a minimum of six graduate credits per Fall and Spring semester. Some graduate assistantships may extend to full-time (40 hours per week) during breaks and Summer Semester.
The maximum credit load for all graduate assistants is 12 credits per semester during the academic year.
Graduate assistants are eligible for partial tuition remission as well as pay for hours worked.
For more information, email the Graduate Studies Office or your academic department.
View available job postings.
In addition to the College of Management, departments that often hire graduate assistants include:
- Center for Online Learning – email@example.com
- Information & Computer Science – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychology – email@example.com