Project management is one of the fastest growing career fields in business. Organizations are increasingly using projects as a means of achieving their strategic objectives.
In response to this need, the College of Management is offering a Graduate Certificate and Concentration in Project Management. The required courses prepare students for the challenging field of Project Management by providing them with tools, skills, and knowledge necessary to initiate, plan, and implement projects successfully.
Some of the major skills areas covered include:
- Project planning, implementation, and control using Microsoft Project
- Request for Proposal (RFP) formulation
- Earned Value Analysis
- Computer-aided problem solving and decision making methodologies
- Systematic approaches to risk identification, risk modeling, risk impact assessment, response planning, and documentation
- Simulations using Microsoft Project, Crystal Ball, and Excel
- Techniques in data mining and visual display of quantitative data
- Team building, negotiation, and conflict resolution in projects
- Project management organizational options