|June 15||May 1 (overseas international applicants)|
|Fall Semester||Fall Semester|
|Nov 15||October 1 (overseas international applicants)|
|Spring Semester||Spring Semester|
There are no summer admissions. The MSCS program director will inform applicants of the admission decision for fall semester by July 1st and for spring semester by November 30th.
A complete application file consists of two parts (three for international students.) Begin the application process by first applying online using the online graduate application. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. All application materials must be received in the Graduate Studies Office by the application deadline, and will be made available to the MSCS Graduate Admissions Committee for review.
Once you’ve applied online you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password at any time and upload your recommendations and any remaining documents, and check on the status of your application.
- Complete the Online Graduate Programs Application. You will use your MnSCU StarID to complete the application. If you don’t have a MnSCU StarID, you will create one at the beginning of the application. If you encounter difficulty with the online application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee online using the online application. The current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Submit official transcripts or transcript evaluation showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from an accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed.
- Transcripts from ALL schools attended after high school and from any graduate or professional programs are required.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated (course-by-course) by either ECE (preferred) or WES.
- Electronic transcripts (preferred) sent to email@example.com
- Paper transcripts sent directly from the sending institution (preferred)
Once you’ve applied online you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password and upload remaining documents and check on the status of your application. To be considered for admission you must provide:
- Two Letters of Recommendation (required); upload
- From professional sources, at least one of which is a current or former college instructor, and at least one of which is a current or former work supervisor.
- Current Resume (recommended); upload
- Documenting relevant work experience
- Official GRE Scores (recommended);
- General or Computer Science Test
- Send to Graduate Studies Office at address below
- Purpose Essay (recommended); upload
- Describing why you wish to enroll in the program
- Address why you feel you have the necessary background to succeed in the graduate program (for applicants without a computer science major)
Part Three – International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international applicants in the U.S. or abroad, on any type of visa, are required to provide this information for admission to the university.
- Proof of English proficiency (official TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT, 213 CBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5
- IBT=internet based; CBT=computer based; PBT=paper based
- Financial statement (F1 visa only)
- Immunization records
- Copies of passport, visa, I-94, and international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.
Submit Part Three materials to the Graduate Studies Office via mail using the mailing address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about applying to the Master of Science in Computer Science?
Questions about the online application, fee, transcripts, transcript evaluations, and document upload feature can be sent to email@example.com (preferred) or call 612-659-7150
Questions about Part Two requirements or the program in general can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-793-1478
Questions about Part Three requirements can be sent to email@example.com or call 651-793-1219
Metropolitan State University
Graduate Studies Office
MEC Building, Office 4003
1300 Harmon Place
1501 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403