|We are piloting the new Online Graduate Application! We highly encourage you to use the online process outlined below for submitting your application materials. We are confident that you will find the online application process to be more streamlined and we thank you in advance for giving it a try! |
If you'd rather use the paper application and mail in your materials that's fine too, please email email@example.com to request the paper application.
The fall semester application deadline is June 15th. The PSM-CS program director will inform applicants of the admission decision by July 1st. The spring semester application deadline is November 15th. The PSM-CS program director will inform applicants of the admission decision by November 30th. There are no summer admissions.
International Applicants: deadlines for international applicants not presently residing in the U.S. are May 1st and October 1st respectively.
All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned.
A complete application file consists of two parts (three for international students.) We recommend that you begin the application process by applying online first using the new online graduate application. Once you've applied online you can login to the Applicant Portal using your StarID and password at any time and upload your remaining documents, submit your references, and check on the status of your application.
- Online Graduate Programs Application Please note you will need a MnSCU StarID to complete the application. If you don't have a StarID you will create one at the beginning of the application.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from an accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed from all schools attended after high school and transcripts from any graduate or professional programs.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated by ECE (preferred) or WES. The equivalent of a baccalaureate degree is required for all graduate programs.
- Professional References (required); complete the online application to submit online references.
- Provide two references from professional sources, at least one of which is a current or former college instructor, and at least one of which is a current or former work supervisor.
- Resume (recommended)
- Plus documentation of relevant work experience
- Official GRE Scores (recommended)
- Indicator of preparedness for graduate study
- Purpose Essay (recommended)
- Describe why you wish to enroll in the program
Part Three - International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international student applicants must provide:
- Proof of English proficiency
- Financial statement
- Immunization records
- Passport, visa, I-94, international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.
Submit Part Three to:
Graduate Studies Office
Metropolitan State University
New Main 206
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106