"In the age of tunnel vision and specialization, graduate liberal arts education can help prepare one for the full range of human perspectives in our global community. It works to extend the individual's reach beyond the sum total of all his/her parts." Akmed Khalifa (current Master of Liberal Studies Program student)
Metropolitan State University's student-centered Master of Liberal Studies (MA) program will enable you to broaden and deepen your knowledge of the liberal arts. Master of Liberal Studies Program coursework will enhance your potential for analysis, communication, multicultural understanding, and research through interdisciplinary study within the liberal arts.
In an era of information explosion and rapid global development, these liberal studies skills and knowledge will be applicable in your workplace, your community, and your personal sphere.
The Master of Liberal Studies Program will:
- Offer flexible scheduling, with all classes available on evenings or weekends.
- Offer courses for you to explore topics and issues from several liberal arts disciplines.
- Offer intensive faculty advising as you create an individualized plan of study aligned with your educational goals and interests in the liberal arts.
- Culminate in the creation of a self-directed capstone project drawing on interdisciplinary Master of Liberal Studies Program coursework, elective courses or independent studies.
|Begin Academic Preparation
Apply to the Program
Discover Liberal Studies Courses
Information for Current Students
View Capstone Projects
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program at Metropolitan State University has in one semester increased my ability to research topics of interest to me, read more critically literature in various fields and to write more clearly. The instructors and program coordinator have been open to all my questions and requests for support. I recommend anyone who is seeking to increase their critical thinking skills and complete a rigorous master's degree to consider the Master of Liberal Studies Program at Metropolitan State University.
- Victor Cole (current Master of Liberal Studies Program student)
Professor Lawrence Moe
Director, Master of Liberal Studies Program
From August 15, 2015 through August 15, 2016, contact:
Professor Aureliano DeSoto
Interim Director, Master of Liberal Studies Program
Master of Liberal Studies Program
Metropolitan State University
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106-5000