Applications for the 2014-15 academic year are currently being accepted. The priority deadline is Friday, March 28, 2014.
Applicants should allow up to 8 weeks after the deadline passes for admission committee review and decisions. All application materials become the property of Metropolitan State University and are not returned. To be considered for admission all parts of the application packet must be received:
- The Metropolitan State Graduate Programs Application includes optional Request for Confidential Information.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts showing a baccalaureate degree or equivalent earned from a regionally accredited institution with grade-point average or narrative description describing courses completed from all schools attended after high school and transcripts from any graduate or professional programs.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. schools must be evaluated by ECE (preferred) or WES. The equivalent of a baccalaureate degree is required for all graduate programs.
- Prerequisite Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Please note in the comment field on the graduate application which transcript will show this course as completed. The course can be in progress at Metropolitan State University or elsewhere up to and including summer semester, but must be completed prior to fall semester.
- Must show at least two years of professional experience in a law enforcement or criminal justice agency, or in a social service or security agency that has significant interaction with the criminal justice system, or equivalent.
- Goals Essay
- A word-processed paper (double-spaced and approximately two pages) explaining "Why the Master's Degree Would Help Me Achieve My Professional Goals", with specific reference to the program. Describe significant achievements, planned career, and community or personal activities, including what you can contribute to the program.
- Two References
- Completed reference forms and letters of recommendation from two sources.
- GRE or Admission Assessment
- For those that have cummulative GPA of 2.99 or less, please indicate in the comment field of the application if you will be submitting official GRE scores or taking the program-specific admission assessment.
Submit Parts One and Two to:
Graduate Studies Office
Metropolitan State University
New Main 206
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
In addition to parts one and two, international student applicants must provide:
- Proof of English proficiency
(must show a minimum TOEFL score of 600 paper or 250 computer)
- Financial statement
- Immunization records
- Passport, visa, I-94, international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.