Summer admission - March 1
Fall admission - March 1 (first deadline)
Fall admission - June 1 (second deadline)
Spring admission - October 1
To receive the MS Technical Communication information packet, contact the program at email@example.com. It is strongly recommended that those considering the Technical Communication program arrange an informational interview with either the director or program coordinator before submitting their applications.
A complete application packet consists of three parts, all materials in part one must be submitted to be considered for full admission to the Master Science Technical Communication program:
- The Metropolitan State Graduate Programs Application includes optional Request for Confidential Information.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Current fee of $20 is waived for graduates of Metropolitan State.
- Official transcripts
- Official transcripts indicating a 2.75 GPA and BA/BS from an accredited institution with course work relevant to technical communication. In some cases, professional experience may take the place of relevant undergraduate course work. Students lacking both relevant undergraduate course work and professional experience may be asked to complete a recommended course of study as a prerequisite to graduate work.
Submit Part One to:
Graduate Studies Office
Metropolitan State University
New Main 206
700 East Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
- Recommendation letters
- Two letters of recommendation from former or current employers or teachers.
- The portfolio consists of representative samples/excerpts of work, including papers, reports, brochures, manuals, multimedia, Web pages and so on, created as part of professional employment or undergraduate study. The portfolio should be no longer than 25 pages.
- Current resume
- The admissions committee will value occupational experience in addition to appropriate academic preparation.
- Letter of application
- Document explaining your interest in the field of technical communications and the Metropolitan State program.
Submit Packet Two to:
Department of Communication, Writing, and the Arts
Suite 205, Energy Park Place
1380 Energy Lane
St. Paul, MN 55108
Part Three - International Students Only
In addition to parts one and two, international student applicants must provide:
- Proof of English proficiency (official TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Minimum scores: TOEFL 80 IBT, 213 CBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5
- IBT=internet based; CBT=computer based; PBT=paper based
- Financial statement
- Immunization records
- Passport, visa, I-94, international home address and phone numbers
Visit International Student Services graduate admissions for part three details.