What is CJS 490 Criminal Justice Capstone?
Using both a theoretical and practical framework, this experience is designed to help students integrate and synthesize their undergraduate experiences. An applied project demonstrates discipline mastery of a subject and serves as a vehicle for future work and study in the criminal justice field. Note: This course should be taken the semester the student graduates.
Who is eligible to register for CJS 490 Criminal Justice Capstone?
Students who have successfully completed the following prerequisite courses with a C- or better:
CJS 200 Literature in Criminal Justice
CJS 320 Applied Criminology
CJS 360 Diversity in Criminal Justice
CJS 375 Criminal Justice Ethics
CJS 483 Research Seminar in Criminal Justice
Students who are prepared and planning to:
- Register for their final semester prior to graduation
- Register for their final semester prior to completion of Summer Skills and graduation
- Students must have attended a PAW and be accepted to the major
Be sure to confirm you will meet all the university degree requirements at the end of your last term:
I will have completed ALL my credit requirements.
40 Upper Division
30 University Residency
24 Major Residency
Notes for your information
- Students needing concurrent registration of prerequisite(s) and CJS 490 should contact their advisor for approval.
- SLC is authorized to administratively drop any student who does not meet the eligibility criteria for CJS 490 Capstone registration at any time.
- Student registers for courses in eServices and pays/sets up payment plan by tuition deadline (if after tuition deadline - payment/plan is requested the same day as registration).
- If you have additional questions about the CJS 490 CJ Capstone registration process, contact the SLC Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org