What is CJS 490 Criminal Justice Capstone?
Using both a theoretical and practical framework, this experience is designed to help students integrate and synthesize their undergraduate experiences. An applied project demonstrates discipline mastery of a subject and serves as a vehicle for future work and study in the criminal justice field. Note: This course should be taken the semester the student graduates.
Who is eligible to request registration permission for CJS 490 Criminal Justice Capstone?
Students' admitted to the SLC cohort programs do not need to complete registration permission process.
Students who have successfully completed the following prerequisite courses with a C- or better:
CJS 200 Literature in Criminal Justice
CJS 320 Applied Criminology
CJS 360 Diversity Issues in Criminal Justice
CJS 375 Criminal Justice Ethics
CJS 483 Research Seminar in Criminal Justice
Students who are prepared and planning to:
- Register for their final semester prior to graduation
- Register for their final semester prior to completion of Summer Skills and graduation
- Students must have attended a PAW and be accepted to the major
Please confirm you will meet all the university degree requirements:
I will have completed ALL
I will have completed ALL my credit requirements for the term I am requesting capstone permission.
General Education Liberal Studies
40 Upper Division
30 University Residency
24 Major Residency
- Students enrolled for prerequisites Spring 2013 (must complete with C- or better at the end of the term) and graduating Summer 2013.
- Students enrolled for prerequisites Summer 2013 (must complete with C- or better at the end of the term) and graduating Fall 2013.
- Students enrolled or will enroll for courses as co-requisites Summer 2013 ONLY if graduating Summer 2013.
- Students enrolled or will enroll for courses as co-requisites Fall 2013 ONLY if graduating Fall 2013.
If you do not qualify as listed above do not request registration permission for CJS 490 CJ Capstone.
When can requests for CJS 490 Criminal Justice Capstone be submitted?
Requests will be accepted beginning March 1st, 2013. Guaranteed response in three to five business days with permission granted or denied.
Approval and Registration Process
- Notification for CJS 490 will be communicated to the studentís email account.
- The SLC will request that the Registrarís Office place an override on the student account for an approved request.
- Student registers for courses in eServices and pays/sets up payment plan by tuition deadline (if after tuition deadline Ė payment/plan is request the same day as registration).
Notes for your information
- You will receive an automated email confirmation that your submission was received.
- An email will be sent if your request is denied or follow up is required. If you are not granted permission to register for CJS 490 you should contact your assigned advisor, if needed.
- SLC is authorized to administratively drop any student who does not meet the eligibility criteria for CJS 490 Capstone registration at any time.
- If you have questions about the CJS 490 CJ Capstone registration process, that are not answered here or after viewing the SLC website, contact the SLC Advising Center.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to cancel your Capstone Registration Permission Request.
If you qualify as listed above proceed to the registration permission form for CJS 490 CJ Capstone.