Explore our programs in Social and Behavioral Sciences:
Choose a major
- Early Childhood Studies Enhance your associate’s degree with advanced study in child development. Prepare for a career in child care agencies, Head Starts, preschool programs, and child care resource and referral agencies.
- Psychology Understand scientific methodology, enhance your development of interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity, and gain know of the ethical issues in the field.
- Social Science Prepare for a variety of careers by choosing from three tracks—generalist, global studies, and disciplinary.
- Social Studies Teaching Gain a teaching license and learn to teach social sciences to students in grades 5-12.
Enhance your major with these minor programs.
Choose a minor
- Anthropology Study culture and social relations, human biology and evolution, languages, music, and art while you develop critical thinking, communication, and research skills.
- Child Psychology Prepare for a career in education and child development.
- Educational Psychology Learn to apply psychology in education, preparing for a career in education.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology Learn to apply psychology in organizations.
- Mental Health Psychology Prepare for a career working with mentally ill people, creating wellness programs, treating chemical dependency, and working in social services.
- Political Science Study the political behavior of people to better understand why they behave as they do and in order to predict future behaviors.
- Psychology Minor for Law Enforcement Major Enhance your Law Enforcement study with this minor, learning how to apply psychology knowledge and theory to real-world situations.
- Sociology Examine social interactions of people in groups and the causes and consequences of the human behavior within the groups.