Explore our programs in Social Work and Human Services.
Choose a major
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling Help people and their families move from life-threatening addiction to life-affirming recovery.
- Human Services Prepare for a career as a helping professional, broadly trained to provide direct service, advocacy and coordination of services.
- Social Work Serve and nurture community members and achieve a viable balance between community needs and available resources.
Enhance your major with these minor programs.
Choose a minor
- Disability Studies Focus on empowerment, self-determination, and independence in working with persons with disabilities.
- Family Studies Learn skills to help you contribute to the healthy development of individuals and families.
- Gerontology Learn skills to advance the broader causes of older people.
- Human Services Administration Learn to manage human services organizations.
- Training and Adult Development Focus on employee/staff training and adult development and examine the training roles and functions within human services organizations. Learn to identify training needs and create strategies for meeting those needs.
- Violence Prevention and Intervention Learn violence prevention and intervention strategies to improve the lives of individuals and families.