CURRENT TRIO STUDENTS - Every time you utilized one of our TRIO services, please complete Usage Form
TRiO: Student Support Services (SSS) offers structured & enhanced academic support to degree-seeking undergraduate students in to the TRiO program.
Welcome! TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program through the U.S. Department of Education. TRIO:SSS targets degree-seeking undergraduates, who meet eligibility requirements and the acceptance into the program is based on priorities set up the Department and Metropolitan State University.
TRIO PRIORITIES: Our TRIO program has established certain priorities for eligible students to be accepted into the program.
- Previously in TRIO Program at another institution (SSS, Upward Bound, EOC)
- Previously in Power of YOU Program (MCTC or Saint Paul College)
- New to the college experience or have limited previous college experience (typically 0-15 credit freshmen)
- Returning to college after being away for more than five years
- Veteran or active military personnel
Our Goal is to assist you:
- by enhancing and supporting YOUR college experience
- by engaging YOU with support through faculty, staff and students
- by providing strategies, personal development and a sense of community
- by increasing YOUR likelihood to stay in college and graduate with a four-year degree from Metropolitan State University
YOUR commitment is OUR commitment
Our supportive services and comprehensive programming is geared for you to participate fully and in meaningful ways as we work together to reach your educational and personal goals. Once accepted into the TRIO-SSS program, you will find an array of services, activities and campus support for you to engage in throughout the year.
Student Support Services is one of three TRiO programs at Metropolitan State University.
TRiO is a federally-funded program through the U.S. Department of Education. Certain eligibility requirements and criteria must be met to participate in programming.