Important Commencement Dates
- Fall Graduation deadline: Sunday, Sept. 6, 2015
- Graduation Expo: Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015
- Summer and Fall Commencement Ceremony: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
Suggested arrival time for graduates is 6 p.m.
Suggested arrival time for friends and family is 5:45 p.m. (all guests must be seated by 6:45 p.m.)
Graduate ceremony lineup begins at 6:30 p.m.
Ceremony begins at 7 p.m. and ends around 9 p.m.
Late arrivals will be seated following the processional
Graduation Application Process
- Congratulations on graduating! Pat yourself on the back. Download the Graduation Packet as a resource for everything from parking at commencement to where to get your cap and gown.
- Register for the workshop with course number WKSP GRAD -- Graduation Requirements in the semester you intend to graduate.
Register with your normal courses through Student e-Services (quick add ID #000001). Once you are enrolled in the workshop, your student account will automatically be billed the $20 graduation fee, which can be paid through Student e-Services. *
WKSP GRAD is an online workshop through D2L that takes the place of the Intent to Graduate form. It contains all the information necessary for the commencement ceremony and graduation in general--we estimate about 30 minutes to read through the material.
- Contact your advisor to do graduation planning. Your advisor finalizes your paperwork for graduation. You can register for this workshop through September 6, 2015.
If you miss this date, you will need to file the Appeal to Graduate Past Deadline form. Follow the instructions as listed on the form.
If you wish to walk at commencement but will not graduate til the following semester, you must use the Appeal to Walk in Commencement Before Graduating form.
*If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the workshop (WKSP GRAD), please contact the Graduation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-793-1231.
The $20 graduation fee also covers the cost of your diploma. Diplomas are mailed to graduates 4-5 weeks after the end of the semester.
If you want to request a duplicate diploma, complete the Duplicate Diploma Request form. Do NOT use this form to request your original diploma.
The honors designations and the cumulative GPA required to achieve them are:
- Summa Cum Laude 3.900 or higher
- Magna Cum Laude 3.800 to 3.899
- Cum Laude 3.700 to 3.799
To qualify for an honors designation, undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 30 upper division credits in graded (A-F courses) at Metropolitan State University.
The cumulative GPA will be calculated on the basis of all graded courses taken at Metropolitan State University.
For more information on graduation with honors, please view the University Procedure #252.