New Transfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Metropolitan State University!
(If you are not currently admitted to Metropolitan State, please see our Undergraduate Admissions Office for application information).
Newly-admitted degree seeking students receive a transfer evaluation, approximately 12 to 14 business days from the date of admission. This evaluation is called a Transfer Audit and it illustrates how your transfer credits have been accepted and applied to General Education and Liberal Studies (GELS), including the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
*If you have courses in-progress at the time of your initial evaluation or if you take courses at another institution while you are a student at Metropolitan State University, you will need to request a Transfer Update (see right) once the final grades have been posted.*
The Interactive Degree Audit / DARS report is a degree planning tool for students that includes both transfer and Metropolitan State coursework. You can access your Interactive Degree Audit / DARS report through eServices by clicking on Grades and Transcripts.
*If you have courses in-progress at the time of your initial evaluation or if you take courses at another institution while you are a student at Metropolitan State University, you will need to request a Transfer Update once the final grades have been posted.*
All students are required to declare a major (see the Undergraduate Program Declaration forms for more information). Once a major is declared, each report lists college requirements for a specific program of study and helps students plan and monitor progress by:
- Identifying all the requirements needed to complete a specific program.
- Indicating courses that have already been completed, grades received, and hours earned, both at Metropolitan State and in transfer, and how they pertain to General Education and Liberal Studies (GELS) (including the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)) and program requirements.
- Displays MnTC courses with passing (A-D) grades. Per MnSCU Policy to complete the entire MnTC, you must earn a minimum of 40 credits in the 10 goal areas, as well as the requirements for each of the goal areas. Passing grades (A-D) for MnTC courses apply including transfer courses; howerver, a cumulative MnTC GPA of 2.0 is required to complete the entire 40 credit package.
- Showing transfer courses that have been made equivalent towards the program.
- Recording exceptions that have been granted.
- Identifying what is still needed to complete a program, with a list of courses that will satisfy each requirement.
Contact your academic advisor with any questions relating to your Interactive Degree Audit / DARS report.
- How To Read a DARS Report (tutorial)
- Login to access your Interactive Degree Audit Report under Grades and Transcripts
- Information about coursework that transfers to Metropolitan State University (how to use u.select)
If you are considering transferring from Metropolitan State, please contact the Admissions Office of the school you are transferring to for guidance. Each institution has its own unique set of application requirements and transfer credit policies. It is important for you to discuss your plans directly with the staff at that school.
Questions? You can:
- View Registrar's Office FAQs in Ask Us
- E-mail your question through Ask Us
- Contact the Gateway Student Services Center at 651-793-1300