Metropolitan State University Bookstore
651-793-1670 fax 651-793-1676
The Metropolitan State University Bookstore is located on the first floor of the Library and Learning Center at the St. Paul Campus. Personal local checks are accepted for the amount of purchase with proper photo identification. The bookstore cannot accept 3rd party checks, starter checks or checks prewritten for a 2nd party use.
Be sure to have your course codes ready when you arrive or call the bookstore. Texts are arranged alpha-numerically by the Subject, number and section (such as ACCT 310-02) Do not use the registration codes (000198). Different sections can use different texts so it is very important to have all three parts to your course codes.
Bookstore return policy: SAVE YOURSELF MONEY Save your original receipt !
- Non-textbook items in re-saleable condition may be returned for a full refund or exchanged at any time with original receipt.
- Student Photo I.D. Required
- Textbooks in re-saleable condition may be returned for a full refund with receipt within 10 calendar days from the start of the class for which the textbooks were purchased or within 3 calendar days of purchase thereafter, including summer term.
- Textbooks purchased during the last week of classes or during exams/midterms may be sold back under the textbook buyback policy.
- Computer software/Electronics in re-saleable condition may be returned for a full refund if it is unopened and shrink-wrapped with the original receipt.
- Upon proof of a dropped course textbooks in re-saleable condition may be returned for a full refund by up to the end of the official drop/add period with a refund.
- Always have the original sales receipt available and Student ID/Drivers License.
- Always make sure new books have not been written in or underlined/highlighted.
- Make sure shrink wrapped “sets” are returned with all of the enclosures and packaging. (Be careful before opening shrink-wrapped sets; many contain electronic media and are only returnable if defective.)
- Online Efollett orders: Your packing slip is your receipt. You will need to have your packing slip with the barcode and your credit card for a refund.
Used book buying prices are always available if your return is outside of these guidelines.
Textbook “buybacks” are based on the needs of the bookstore and the national text market. If a book is being used for a current class and the bookstore needs it for stock, students will receive 50% of their purchase price. If the text is not currently being used/needed at the bookstore, the price is determined based on a national market value, usually 10-33%. Old editions do not have any market value. The bookstore cannot quote buyback prices or need over the phone. To sell texts, students must bring them to the bookstore during open business hours. Student Photo ID is required.
Course information and more can be found online at www.metrostateshop.com. Your packing slip that arrives with your shipment is your receipt. Please retain the packing slip for any returns or exchanges. Orders are shipped Fedex and should be received within 7 business days of placing your order within the Metro area for in stock items.
ISBN’s and EAN’s are not available via telephone or email.
Check Online for updated schedule information and policies. Information is subject to change without notice. Check www.metrostate.bkstr.com for updated schedule information and policies.
Regular Bookstore Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Note: The bookstore is closed whenever the University offices are closed. Check the bookstore web site for current hours of operation.