IT Services offers a number of employment opportunities throughout the year for work-study eligible students. IT Services is a great place to work while you are pursuing your degree. If you would like to be considered for a position, we would like to hear from you.
For a quick summary of the job description, pay rates and other valuable information, please view the IT Services Work Study Job Posting.
To express an interest and be considered for any of our student worker positions, please complete the following questionnaire. Please note that being an active registered student is a prerequisite for any on-campus student employment.
Valuable Employment Information:
- You will be requested to forward a resume' of your work experience to assure consideration.
- Starting salary is $10.38/hour. ITS student workers are typically scheduled 15-20 hours per week during spring and fall semesters. Student workers may work a maximum of 20 hours per week. However, an increase up to 40 hours per week is possible (but not guaranteed) during Summer semester, holiday and semester breaks.
- Scheduled work hours vary. Monday through Thursday, scheduled hours may start as early as 7:00 a.m. or extend as late as 10:00 p.m. Every effort possible will be made to coordinate with and accommodate student course schedules. Friday and Saturday hours currently end by 5:30 p.m.
- Full time students are eligible to work a maximum of 20 hours per week (note exceptions above). Part time students are eligible to work a maximum of 14 hours per week.
- International students must be continuously registered as a full time student in order to remain employed as a student employee.
General Description of IT Services Student Employment Assignments:
Student employee assignments are based on technical skill level, customer service skills and to the extent possible, coordinated with the students' class schedule. Assignments may be located at the St. Paul, Midway, Minneapolis (MEC) and/or Brooklyn Park (LECJEC) campuses.
Student employees serve a vital role in the aim of providing excellent customer support services. Student workers may be assigned to assist in computer labs, supporting IT staff with IT Desk customer support functions, assisting users on a walk-in basis, over the phone, by chat or email. Student workers will also assist with Multimedia Services, including delivery, setup and testing of wireless carts, multimedia and instructional equipment for classes, meetings and events. Tasks may include troubleshooting, training customers in the use of equipment and other projects assigned as needed.