MOVEit Securely is a service provided by MnSCU which allows you to securely send large files to personnel that do not have access to University shared drives, such as vendors, partners or other MnSCU institutions.
To access the service, log in using your StarID at:
Instructions for Using MoveItSecurely:
- Open a web browser to https://moveitsecurely.mnscu.edu
- Log in with your StarID and password (same account used for eTimesheet)
- If you are presented with an "Install the Upload/Download Wizard" window, follow these steps (only need to perform once):
- Click on the "Install the Upload/Download Wizard" link
- Follow the instructions for any prompts (if you are using Internet Explorer, you may see prompts at the top of the browser window)
- Click "Run" or "OK" on any pop-up windows
- If not on the home page, click on the "Home" link (left side of the window, below the MnSCU logo)
- From the home page, scroll to the bottom and select "Send a new package..."
- In the "To" field, enter the email address of the person(s) to whom you are sending the file
- Enter a subject in the "Subject" field and any explanation in the "Note" field (neither can be blank) -- Text entered in the Subject field is sent unencrypted, so do not include sensitive information in the Subject
- Attach the file(s):
- In the "Files" section, click on the link to launch the Upload/Download Wizard
- In the pop-up window, click on "Add a File" or "Add a Folder", as appropriate
- Browse to and select the files or folders to be sent and click on "Open" -- multiple files and folders may be selected
- When all of the desired files/folders are shown, click on "Next>", then click on "Next>" again.
- After the files have completed uploading to the server, click on "OK"
- Click on "Send" -- an email is sent to each recipient to retrieve the file(s)
- If you see a screen with a password for a recipient, that person doesn't already have a MoveItSecurely account for that email address. MAKE SURE TO COPY THE PASSWORD -- YOU CAN'T RETRIEVE IT ONCE YOU LEAVE THIS SCREEN.
- Let the user know their password -- in this case, their username is the email address to which you sent the package -- please do not send the
- passwords via email -- using a phone call or text message is a better idea
- For any recipient where no password screen is presented, that person already has a MoveItSecurely account and should use that account to sign in
- When you see the message stating that the package has been sent, click on "Sign Out"
What if I Run into Questions or Problems?
If you experience any difficulties with MoveItSecurely, please create a support ticket by sending an email to email@example.com describing the problem. (Please make sure that the subject line includes "MoveItSecurely").
If you have questions about StarID, including your account name or password, please visit the StarID help site at http://starid.mnscu.edu.