Metropolitan State University supports an NEC, IP telephony PBX. This IP-based telephony system provides four-digit dialing among all Metropolitan State and MCTC campuses.
Any problems or suggestions for improvements should be directed to the IT Desk via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via telephone, 651-793-1240.
New Phone Requests
To request a new IP or analog phone complete the
New Phone Request Form (MS Word)
Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Blackberry and Cellular Phone ServiceMetropolitan State University works with Nextel/Sprint to provide cellular phone service to University employees.
- Review the University Cellular Phone Policy and Procedures
- Complete the Cellular Phone Request Form
- Work with the Director of IT User Services to complete the requisition form to purchase the desired phone set and annual service.
- For Cellular Service support you may contact the IT Desk
- Call the Nextel Service Center at 651-697-7510
- Login to My Nexel at www.nextel.com
- Metropolitan State University Business office receives the monthly Nextel Cellular Phone bill.
- The Accounts Payable Clerk cost allocates line item expenses to individual departments and distributes copies of the Nextel bill to each budget manager.
- Each budget manager is responsible for distributing the monthly phone bill to the appropriate user.
- Per the University Cellular Phone Policy and Procedures employees are responsible for tracking all personal calls.
Download the University Reimbersement Form for Personal Cellular Phone Calls (MS Excel)