StarID will be mandatory on March 14th, 2014
StarID migration is upon us. The university-wide migration will take place next week, March 14th, 2014. Activate your StarID now at https://starid.mnscu.edu.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Employees (Faculty and Staff)
- IT Status Updates
- Wireless Network Access
If you do not activate your StarID, you will not be able to:
- Login to your computer on the network
- Access your e-mail
- Access Library Resources
- Login to D2L
- Access the university wireless network
- Login to the Portal
The migration for university employees (resident faculty, community faculty, and staff) will begin at approximately 6 p.m., on Tuesday, March 11th.
- It will take us approximately 10 hours to complete the migration. During that time, please do not access university resources on campus or remotely.
- Turn off your computer, if it is located on campus and connected to the network.
- After the migration is completed, log in to university resources using your StarID.
The following is a list of some of the systems that are used within the university. If you have questions regarding a specific software or service, contact IT Services at email@example.com.
|Employee accessed University services||Affected by StarID||NOT affected
|Off-campus Library Database Access||x|
|RDP to Old CAP||x|
The migration for university students will begin at approximately 12:01 a.m., on Thursday, March 13th. It will take approximately 13 hours to complete the migration. Migration is expected to be completed by 1 p.m., on Thursday, March 13th. During that time, students will not be able to access university resources on campus or remotely. After the migration, we will make provisions to allow students access to on-campus computers such as the library or open labs at our other campuses.
The following chart shows the university service and the login credentials required:
|Off-campus Library Database Access||StarID|