There is no daily public parking available to the general public unless it involves business on the campus.
- Parking charges and the options for payment. Three parking registration forms:
- Resident Faculty and Staff who choose to pay via payroll deduction
- Resident Faculty and Staff who choose to pay on a semester by semester basis
- Community Faculty parking registration payment form
- Recent parking communications
Staff and faculty who elect to park in any of our owned or leased facilities, including Saint Paul, Midway, MCTC, Hennepin Technical College, Normandale and the Dental Clinic, must pay for parking.
- For those who elect to use payroll deduction, the deduction will take effect on the pay period starting on August 26. The deduction will be taken from the check you will receive on September 18.
- Staff and faculty who choose to pay on a semester by semester basis should follow the instructions on the specific form.
Handicap ParkingHandicap parking is available on all campuses.
Emergency Code Blue PhonesEmergency code blue phones are installed in the parking lots of the Saint Paul Campus. They are located:
- Seventh Street parking lot north of St. John's Hall
- Library's main east parking lot
- Multiple locations in the Ramp and the south parking lot of the ramp
Parking Violations on the Saint Paul Campus
- As a courtesy to our neighbors, please Do Not Park in front of homes around campus - off street parking is limited. If you have any questions, please call the Safety Office at 651-793-1725.
- Parking violations will be issued to address the increasing number of violators parking along yellow fine lanes within the center courtyard, parking for over 30 minutes in the center lot designated for drop off and pickup, no parking permit displayed in the seventh street lot, and for expired or misused permits as well as other violations.
- Fines associated with parking violations are proven as effective tools in managing and deterring parkers who consistently abuse parking privilege rights. Our goal is to offer an accessible environment for emergency vehicles during times of crisis, to increase pedestrian safety and to reestablish appropriate parking practices.
- Parking Violation Fines
|No Parking Permit Displayed||$20.00|
|Over Yellow Line or End of Row||$20.00|
|Fire Lane Parking Violation||$25.00|
|Parking in a Reserved Parking Space||$25.00|
|Parking in Roadway/Obstructing Traffic||$25.00|
|Handicapped Parking Violation||$200.00|
Vehicle descriptions are permanently recorded.
- Citation Payment
Payment of citations is to be directed to the Cashier's Office and requires a copy of the citation. Payment is due 14 day from the Date of Issuance (date is written on the citation by the issuer) or a $20.00 late fee will be added.
- Citation Appeal
To appeal the citation, complete the Parking Citation Appeal Form.
- Failure to Pay Citation Failure Could Result In
- Loss of the use of the parking lot
- A vehicle being immobilized or towed
- College administration sanctions
- Violations During the Same Semester
- A second violation will result in doubling of the fine.
- A third violation will result in tripling of the fine.
- A fourth violation will result in a tow at the owner's expense and loss of parking privileges at the university.