The Metropolitan State University Library welcomes the university's alumni.
- Privileges for Alumni
- Library Cards for Computer Use or Borrowing
- Using Computer Workstations
- Database Access
As a alumni user of this facility, you are able to take advantage of many of the services that we offer. These include use of:
- Public study tables and seating
- Checkout of books and audiovisual items (with card)
- Interlibrary loan (with card, up to 5 items per month)
- Reference and research assistance
- Computer workstations (with card)
- Printing, faxing, and photocopying for a fee
- Study rooms
To request an Alumni Member card, bring your student ID and current driverís license to the second floor circulation desk during normal library hours of operation. Let the staff know when you graduated, and she/he will set you up with an Alumni Member card.
* If you would like interlibrary loan privileges added to your account, please inquire at the circulation desk.
** If you do not have your student ID or remember your ID number, please contact Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 793-1808.
See our borrowing information page for details about checkout periods, fines and more.
Designated computers are available for alumni and community use on the first floor of the St. Paul Campus Library & Learning Center.
Alumni may use university computers up to two hours per day. If there are more people seeking computers to use than there are computers available, priority will be given to currently-enrolled university students.
Alumni may access all Metropolitan State online databases when visiting the library. Current license agreements do not permit off-campus access to alumni users.
The State of Minnesota offers remote access to many online databases through the Electronic Library of Minnesota.