The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts is launching a new family series this fall, featuring community-oriented programming and engagement opportunities. These programs come with discounts for Metropolitan State students and their children.
Performances: (10 a.m. lobby activities | 11 a.m. performance)
· Saturday, Sept. 30 | Concert Hall: David Gonzalez's bilingual tales from the Latino world
· Saturday, March 3, 2018 | Concert Hall: The Okee Dokee Brothers
· Saturday, April 14, 2018 | Music Theater: Mermaid Theatre's "Goodnight Moon and the Runaway Bunny"
The Ordway Center is located at 345 Washington St., Saint Paul.
· "Play and Learn Lobbies" are activities in the lobbies for families that are educational, interactive, and encourage creativity one-hour prior to the performance. Many participating organizations create activities to coincide with their exhibits, upcoming productions, or their mission statement to get the word out about their programming.
· David Gonzalez will offer a bilingual interactive storytelling workshop for families with young children at 4:15 p.m., Friday, Sept.29 at at the Riverview Library, 1 George St. E., Saint Paul.
To RSVP, call 651.282.3115.
David Gonzalez and The Okee Dokee Brothers will have a limited number of $5 tickets through the Community Access Program, as part of Ordway's commitment to address barriers to participation that can restrict access to the performing arts.
To get more information and discount promo codes, check out the Ordway Family Series!