Major job duties
- Attend all required SLLD student staff training and staff meetings
- Perform general office duties related to the Student Center service desk, to include: greeting guests, answering phones, copying, and filing
- Assist with registration, and distribution of access cards and locker keys for students and employees utilizing the Fitness Room
- Assist with set-up and take-down of Student Center events, including: moving/arranging tables and chairs, podiums, A/V equipment, etc.
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information about events, activities, and services, and be aware of procedural changes and/or new happenings related to the Student Center
- Demonstrate maturity, sensitivity, and confidentiality in situations requiring intervention by professional staff or Campus Safety
- Assist with general up-keep and cleanliness of the Student Center front desk and Student Life & Leadership Development office, shared areas, and meeting rooms; and report problems or maintenance issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Student Center staff, and treat visitors/guests with courtesy and respect
- Perform other duties as assigned by SLLD professional staff
Qualifications and experience
The Student Center Assistant (SCA) is a valuable team member within the department of Student Life & Leadership Development (SLLD). The SCA will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Student Center, including:
- staffing the front desk,
- event arrangements and logistics,
- Student Life & Leadership Development programming support,
- And, helping to maintain welcoming, inclusive, and well-kept spaces throughout the building. The Student Center Assistant reports to the Asst. Director of Student Life and Leadership.
- General knowledge of Metropolitan State University and the department of SLLD;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including professional and polite telephone etiquette; Consistent punctuality, reliability, and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel computer software programs.
- At least one full semester completed at Metropolitan State University;
- Previous work experience in a customer service position;
- Ability to support and serve diverse students, staff, and faculty populations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
Email a cover letter AND a resume to Philip Fuehrer (email@example.com) or deliver in-person to Student Center Rm 204.2. The cover letter must explain why you're interested in the Student Center Assistant (SCA) position.