Major job duties
To provide co-coordination of quality workshops and programming for the Youth Campus Visits and to work with library faculty members, university students to create engaging workshops for middle and high school students, while offering university students, staff and faculty the opportunity to serve the children and families in the community.
- Meet with university staff, faculty and community members to plan and coordinate workshops.
- Recruit university students and staff interested in offering workshops for the Youth Campus Visit program, Gordon Parks Gallery Visits, and meet regularly with the ICES Youth Campus team members and also assist with ICES events as needed.
- Assist with planning and implementation of ICES events as needed
- Assist the Youth Outreach Coordinator with visits and logistics
- Work closely with CTEP AmeriCorps Member with university student recruitment, assistance with Technology related workshops for both community members or youth campus visits.
- Track hours for university students, staff and community members that participate in programs.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience working with youth or literacy program preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with K-college students, staff and faculty.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide leadership to college students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Develop a full understanding of the ICES, university and Saint Paul Public Library Outreach programs
- Ability to enforce standards and regulations, and to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records.
- Ability to be flexible
Submit your resume and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.