Major job duties
- Meet one-on-one with TRIO undergraduate students, whom are in need of academic assistance with general tutoring/college skill strategies for college graduation success.
- TRIO tutors assist other college students to improve in general course areas (i.e. writing/communications, basic research, analytical reasoning, science, math, behavioral sciences and/or business).
Qualifications and experience
- Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to teach others to improve on their writing and study skills.
- Students with upper-division coursework experience and/or graduate students are encourage to apply.
- Must be able to work independently and be an excellent role-model for other college students.
- Organized and communicate professionally. Be responsible and dependable.
- Previous tutoring/mentoring (general study skills) and/or working with student’s academic success is desired.
- TRIO tutors are generalists who help students in all subjects to understand assignments and ways of thinking about completing their work and prepare for exams. TRIO tutors are not expected to be content experts
Submit a resume and cover letter (with a brief description of your experience and abilities to assist with student success) to TRIO-Student Support Services, 700 East 7th Street (Founders Hall L100/L106), St. Paul, MN 55106 or email email@example.com