Major job duties
- Provide 1-1 or small group tutoring with TRIO UB/UBMS high school students who are in need of academic assistance with general tutoring or study skills strategies for high school success & college preparation.
- Assist high school students to improve in general courses and/or advanced courses (i.e., writing, chemistry, biology, physics, math)
- Engage with staff, teachers, and high school students to assist in planning, coordinating and conducting college prep, interest inventories, and career exploration workshops.
- Assist with the recruitment of high school students at Washington Technology Magnet High School or Hmong College Prep Academy to be part of the program.
- Assist UB & UBMS Coordinators and Advisors in planning and implementation of events, college visits, and logistics as needed
- Maintain and develop relationships with college and high school personnel
Qualifications and experience
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to tutor, explain and teach others how to improve on their writing, math, comprehension and study skills Provide leadership to high school students Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Develop a full understanding of the TRIO programs, the two target high schools we serve, and the students served.
- Ability to enforce standards and regulations, and to react quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records
- Assist in conducting workshops using in-depth knowledge on college access subjects as such FAFSA, ACT prep, financial literacy, and scholarships
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible
- Priority consideration will be given to those who have completed upper division course works in the STEM areas
Submit your resume, cover letter describing your interest and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work to email@example.com.
**Please note that these positions will work in multiple locations in St. Paul high schools (such as Washington Technical Magnet High school and Hmong College Prep Academy), as well as Metro State University. Schedules will be given prior so you will be informed of where you are working.