Major job duties
Assist in building course websites for resident and community faculty, working within design team course development process. Provide ongoing technical support to instructors using an instructional management system (IMS). Assist in development of learning objects and interactive media for course websites. Participate in research and special projects. Assist students in learning to use IMS and address IMS or course access problems.
Qualifications and experience
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Fully admitted to a graduate degree program at Metropolitan State University and continuously enrolled carrying at least 8 credits and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
• Knowledge of computer and computer software, specifically web development software (i.e. Dreamweaver) sufficient to work independently making changes to and developing web based instruction sites
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite sufficient to use software to prepare documents
• English oral and written communication skills sufficient to read, explain, write and interpret a variety of materials and follow detailed instructions.
• Ability to function effectively in a team work environment as well as work effectively one-on-one with instructors
• Ability to conduct web and library searches to support research and other special projects
• Customer service skills sufficient to promptly respond to customer inquiries about project status and changes
• Knowledge and understanding of xml and xsl.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com