Major job duties
- Create content (original text, images, video or HTML) to build social media engagement.
- Write, edit and regularly distribute social media content.
- Collaborate with supervisors and other student workers to create a regular publishing schedule and implement a content editorial calendar to manage content.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “social” way while developing engagement and conversation.
- Perform other marketing and communication‐related tasks, as assigned such as developing stories, interviewing individuals, and writing university news.
Qualifications and experience
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO WORK STUDY (financial aid‐eligible) STUDENTS.
- A positive and professional attitude is a must.
- Communications or marketing major, enrolled as a junior or senior at Metropolitan State and in good academic standing.
- Ability to work independently or within a team; ability to meet deadlines; organized, detailed‐oriented with excellent proofreading, editing and writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of writing for social media; familiarity with all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram); able to sense and evaluate emerging social media channels; ability to utilize social media tools and capabilities to develop multiple types of content to promote Metropolitan State.
(Not all required, but a combination of skills will be considered.)
Email resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples to email@example.com.