Major job duties
- At least one full semester completed at Metropolitan State University;
- Previous work experience in a customer service position;
- Ability to support and serve diverse student, staff, and faculty populations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Attend all required SLLD student staff trainings and staff meetings
- Perform general office duties related to the Student Center service desk, to include: greeting guests, answering phones, copying, and filing
- Assist with front desk duties related to the checking out of Student Center Game Equipment, Study Room Reservations and use of the Fitness Room.
- Assist with set-up and take-down of Student Center events, including: arranging tables and chairs, A/V equipment (microphones), etc.
- Provide accurate, up-to-date information about events, activities, and services, and be aware of procedural changes and/or new happenings related to the Student Center
- Demonstrate maturity, sensitivity, and confidentiality in situations requiring intervention by professional staff or Campus Safety
- Assist with general up-keep and cleanliness of the Student Center front desk, Student Life & Leadership Development office, and study/meeting rooms; and report problems or maintenance issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Student Center staff, and treat visitors/guests with courtesy and respect
- Perform other duties as assigned by SLLD professional staff.
Qualifications and experience
The Student Center Assistant (SCA) is a valuable team member within the department of Student Life & Leadership Development (SLLD). The SCA will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Student Center, including staffing the front desk, day of event logistics, Student Life & Leadership Development programming support, and, helping to maintain welcoming, inclusive, and well-kept spaces throughout the building.
The SCA reports to the Assistant Director of SLLD.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including professional and polite telephone etiquette;
- Consistent punctuality, reliability, and professionalism.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel computer software programs.
- Student must have and maintain at least a 2.50 GPA
Email a cover letter AND a resume to Philip Fuehrer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver in-person to Student Center Rm 104. The cover letter must explain why you're interested in the Student Center Assistant (SCA) position.