Major job duties
· Assist in writing, researching, editing, and distributing news/press releases, weekly news, daily/weekly events, feature stories, media alerts, social media content, and so on.
· Interview university community members for testimonials and success stories.
· Data management, including updating media contact lists and databases.
· Participate in event planning and staffing university events.
· Assist with other communication-related and/or creative services tasks, as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
Want to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a small team that produces big things? We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
· Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills.
· Organized, detailed-oriented with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, while meeting deadlines.
· Has a strong knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
· Able to communicate in a professional manner with faculty and staff; who enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and ages.
· Familiar with a variety of computer platforms and software—knowledge of social media, Mac OS, Windows OS, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat; Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
· Exhibits a positive attitude, models a good professional demeanor, and is able to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
· Preference will be given to a communications major enrolled in good academic standing. Other applicants with excellent writing skills will also be considered.
Send resume, cover letter, and two writing examples to either Robert Boos or Diane DeRosier:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com