Major job duties
The UAB Student Coordinator will:
● Assist with coordination and marketing of all UAB activities and events, including Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Summer Event, sporting events, movie nights, multicultural initiatives, and other programming.
● Serve as a resource person to student organizations and to the greater campus community regarding SLLD and student organizations.
● Recruit students to join student organizations and to become more active members of Metropolitan State University.
● Recruit and assist with development of student volunteers involved with large-scale events, such as Fall Fest and Winter Fest.
● Assist with drafting and presenting annual budget proposal to the Metropolitan State University Student Association (MSUSA).
● Complete and submit required event-planning paperwork in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
● Assist with the coordination of annual SLLD events for student leaders (e.g. awards banquet; leadership retreat, etc.).
● Attend UAB staff meetings, trainings/retreats, and events. Student staff meetings will be Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
● Assist with marketing and communications for UAB, SLLD, and student organizations as necessary.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the UAB Supervisor/Advisor and SLLD professional staff team.
Qualifications and experience
The Student Coordinator will support the programming agenda of the University Activities Board (UAB) and assist with the coordination of UAB events for Metro State students, including annual signature events such as Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Summer Activities, professional sports events, movie nights, and multicultural initiatives, welcome back events, and retreats. The UAB Coordinator will also provide peer support to student organizations.
The ideal candidate:
● Has and will maintain at least a 2.50 GPA
● Has previous student leadership and event-planning experience, preferably at Metro State.
● Is aware of the extracurricular interests of Metro students and has innovative, practical ideas for events/activities that address those interests.
● Shares Metro’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
● Is able to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently.
● Is self-motivated, timely, communicative, and reliable.
● Is able to meet on-going deadlines and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
● Is able to appropriately hold peers accountable to expectations and the student code of conduct, and has no recent code of conduct violations.
● Is able to attend all UAB and SLLD staff meetings, trainings/retreats, and events.
● Is organized and detail-oriented.
Is fluent in D2L, Microsoft Word, Excel, email, google applications, and Social Media.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and a resume to Carrie.Noble@metrostate.edu. Cover letter must include a statement as to why you are interested in this position and how you will be a good fit for the work outlined, as well as Metro State’s and Student Life & Leadership Development’s missions.
Resume must include:
· Work and volunteer experience
· Student leadership and/or event planning experience (at Metro State and any other colleges/universities)
· Involvement with student organizations (at Metro State and any other colleges/universities)
Metro State student events you have attended