Major job duties
- Assist Library Community Outreach student coordinators and Youth Outreach Coordinator in community events and youth campus visit logistics.
- Engage with recreation centers, after-school programs, and art groups to provide programming around the arts.
- Bring youth through Gordon Parks gallery and engage students with the work.
- Develop an understanding of the ICES & Gordon Parks Gallery programs.
- Maintain and develop relationships with local artists, Metro Art students, and other art organizations.
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to work effectively with K-college students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide leadership to college students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to enforce standards and related university policies, and to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to learn Photoshop well enough to assist workshop teacher and youth with novice level photo enhancements.
- Experience coordinating youth art activities.
- Experience in Photoshop or other photo enhancement software.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Submit your resume, a cover letter describing your interest and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work via email to Community.email@example.com