Major job duties
Work under supervision of Jeremy Bandow, Film Space Director, to help prepare for film screenings and festivals and to help manage the movie theater at night during film screenings; help create marketing materials both online and print; help run marketing/PR campaigns and assist with community outreach; help run the projection booth; provide guest services during film screenings; interact with audiences and represent the University. Training will be provided.
Most of the film screenings are at night. Some are on weekends. There are film screenings at least once a month and preparation for the screenings go on continuously.
Qualifications and experience
- Interest in public relations marketing
- Interest in organizing and promoting arts events
- Interest in community outreach
- Basic skills in Adobe Illustrator
- Exceptional writing skills, phone skills, and business email-writing skills
- Experience with social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Some experience with customer or guest services
- Willing to represent the University to the public
Please include a brief cover letter and a resume or a list of your qualifications and/or experience. Include at least two references.