Major job duties
- Provide 1-1 or small group tutoring with TRIO UB/UBMS high school students who are in need of academic assistance with general tutoring or study skills strategies for high school success & college preparation.
- Assist high school students to improve in general courses and/or advanced courses (i.e., writing, chemistry, biology, physics, math)
- Engage with staff, teachers, and high school students to assist in planning, coordinating and conducting college prep, interest inventories, and career exploration workshops.
- Assist with the recruitment of high school students at Washington Technology Magnet High School or Hmong College Prep Academy to be part of the program.
- Assist UB & UBMS Coordinators and Advisors in planning and implementation of events, college visits, and logistics as needed
- Maintain and develop relationships with college and high school personnel
- Assist with inputting data in student access data
- Assist with the summer online program
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Attend trainings
Qualifications and experience
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to tutor, explain and teach others how to improve on their writing, math, comprehension and study skills
- Provide leadership to high school students
- Must be able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Develop a full understanding of the TRIO programs, the two target high schools we serve, and the students served.
- Ability to enforce standards and regulations, and to react quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records
- Assist in conducting workshops using in-depth knowledge on college access subjects as such FAFSA, ACT prep, financial literacy, and scholarships and other study skills subject
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible
- Timely, professional, and respectful
- Ability to self-reflect, give and receive feedback
Priority consideration will be given to those who have completed upper division course works
Submit your resume, cover letter describing your interest and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work to email@example.com.