Major job duties
Primary Responsibilities: Coordinate the day-to-day operations of Metropolitan State’s Youth Outreach Programs. Act as a liaison between the Public Schools, Metro State Staff, and Student Employees to organize the Youth Campus Visits. Work with the Community Engagement Coordinator Literacy and Youth Outreach, the Institute’s staff coordinators, and other university departments to recruit students, faculty, and staff as workshop teachers through classroom presentations, flyers, and student publications. This position also may recruit community workshop teachers, assist in workshops as needed, and must notify the Community and Operations Manager of supply needs in a timely manner.
Collect and maintain survey data for programs that are coordinated by this position for the Institute for Community Engagement and Scholarship. Assist with ICES sponsored events as needed.
Due to COVID-19 all of our Youth Outreach Activities will take place online in virtual settings.
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to work effectively with K-college students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide leadership to college students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Develop an understanding of the ICES programs
- Ability to enforce standards and regulations, and to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to create and maintain computerized records.
- Must be able to work Friday daytime hours (9am-3pm) and other flexible hours.
- Experience coordinating youth programs preferred but not required.
- Experience working in team environment.
Submit your resume and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.