Major job duties
- Provide individual and small group tutoring to school age students.
- Assist students in improving academic success by working on improving study skills.
- Review class material, discuss the text, guide study practices for exams, improve reading skills work on solutions for problems and/or work on school projects.
- Simplify learning, act as a positive role model and help students recognize what to prioritize during tutoring session.
- Facilitate a fun learning environment in the Homework Help Center.
- Help with Homework Help Center (Zone) programs.
- Work with Youth Campus Visits (Fridays 10-1pm).
Qualifications and experience
- Metropolitan State University student in a good academic standing
- Ability to work with Metro State students, staff, faculty and community members.
- Ability to work successfully with K-12 grade students.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Be accountable, reliable, honest and mature.
- Be approachable, easy-going and able to work with diverse students.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with youth, volunteering at local schools, after school programs, and tutoring experience preferred but not required.
- Preferred: substantial Knowledge of at least one academic subject (i.e. science or math).
Submit your resume and a list of days and times of the week you are available to work via email to Community.firstname.lastname@example.org with the header ICES Work Study-Zone Tutor.