Major job duties
● Provide coaching and support to the UAB team members including running meetings
● Assist with coordination and marketing of all UAB activities and events, including Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Summer Event, sporting events, movie nights, multicultural initiatives, and other programming.
● Serve as a resource person to student organizations and to the greater campus community regarding SLLD and student organizations.
● Recruit students to join student organizations and to become more active members of Metropolitan State University.
● Recruit and assist with development of student volunteers involved with large-scale events, such as Fall Fest and Winter Fest.
● Assist with drafting and presenting annual budget proposal to the Metropolitan State University Student Association (MSUSA).
● Complete and submit required event-planning paperwork in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
● Assist with the coordination of annual SLLD events for student leaders (e.g. awards banquet; leadership retreat, etc.).
● Attend UAB staff meetings, trainings/retreats, and events. Student staff meetings will be Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
● Assist with marketing and communications for UAB, SLLD, and student organizations as necessary.
● Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the UAB Supervisor/Advisor and SLLD professional staff team.